I’m sure all our fellow members of the Sydney health foodie community have heard of the fabulous Orchard St… For anyone who is yet to go, it is an absolute must. Their delicious range of fresh juices, smoothies and ‘milks’ inspired this quick and easy dessert recipe.
We have used their ‘Cashew Chai Milk’ in the filling which creates a delicious flavour and much of the work is already done for you!
We hope you enjoy x
Makes 5 small tarts (8.5cm diameter)
2/3 cup mixed hazelnuts and almonds
1/3 cup buckinis
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
5 medjool dates (soak in warm water for a few minutes to soften)
1/2 tbsp filtered water
Pinch ground cinnamon
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup Orchard St ‘Cashew Chai Milk’
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp mesquite powder (optional)
2 medjool dates
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender (we use a vitamix) and blend until smooth
- Press into the base of 5 mini greased tart tins (or 1 large flan tin) and place in the fridge while you make the filling*
- Drain and rinse cashews
- Clean the blender and then add in all filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes)
- Scoop into the tart cases and return to fridge for 3-4 hours or until set
- Top with cinnamon and cacao nibs (optional), serve and enjoy
*You can also bake the base on 170 degrees C for 6-8 minutes if you prefer. This also makes it easier to remove the tarts from their cases.