Healthy never looked so good. These buckwheat and vanilla waffles are great for a weekend breakfast or brunch, especially when topped with assorted coyo ice-cream flavours – they are dairy free, refined sugar free and so delicious! The ‘sea salted caramel’ and ‘coco latte’ are my two favourites.
If you have any supplements you take such as protein powder or superfood powders you can also easily add them into the waffle mixture. We add a plant based protein from Amazonia and have also included mesquite powder in this recipe. This ingredient is optional but does enhance the nutritional value of the recipe, as well as providing natural sweetness.
We hope you enjoy!
1 cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp mesquite powder, optional
2 tsp vanilla bean powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
2 ripe bananas
3 organic eggs
1 cup almond milk
- Preheat waffle iron for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mix well.
- Then place banana, almond milk and eggs in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Transfer to the dry mixture and mix well.
- Once the waffle iron has heated, spoon approx. 1/4 cup of the mixture per waffle, close lid and leave to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. Serving suggestions: Coyo ice-cream, peanut butter, choc-tahini sauce, banana and/or fresh berries.