To create the pistachio flavour, blend raw pistachio nuts until ground to use as a ‘flour’. We have used ground pistachios in combination with buckwheat flour as this makes it much easier to flip! We recommend serving with additional pistachio nuts, greek yoghurt (or a dairy-free alliterative) and a light drizzle of organic, raw honey.
Delicious weekend breakfast that (as always) is packed with essential vitamins and nutrients.
We hope you enjoy!
- Place pistachios in a blender and blend until ground
- Transfer to a bowl and add all remaining dry ingredients, mix well
- Then place banana, coconut milk, honey (if using) and egg yolks in a blender, blend until smooth
- Add to the dry mixture
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture
- Place coconut oil in a non-stick pan and allow to melt over low-medium heat
- Then spoon a small amount of the mixture onto the pan and leave to cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to form
- Flip and allow the other side to cook for a further minute or so
- Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture
- Serve with greek yoghurt (or coyo to keep dairy free), roughly chopped pistachio nuts and a light drizzle of raw honey