When creating recipes, we love to be inspired by seasonal produce. The plentiful supply of vibrant persimmons currently available in Sydney prompted the creation of this delicious, spiced tea-cake.
This cake is great served for afternoon-tea, dessert or even breakfast. It is packed with Vitamin A precursor, beta carotene and fibre which aids digestion.
We have used almond meal to create a soft, spongey consistency and is sweetened using whole fruits and organic raw honey. Sesame flour also works well.
We hope you enjoy x
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Remove flesh from persimmons, avoiding any seeds* and scoop into a blender, blend until pureed. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add persimmon puree, raw honey, egg yolks and orange juice, mix well.
- Whisk egg whites until firm peaks form and then gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour into a greased and lined cake tin (17cm diameter) and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Serve and enjoy.