Our healthy ‘cheesecakes’ just got even healthier thanks to the added antioxidant hit of matcha powder – pure stone ground green tea. This week we have been lucky enough to try out this new superfood, thanks to Matcha Maiden and we are absolutely loving it. We’ve been adding it to lots of things from our morning green smoothies to our raw, vegan cakes! Matcha powder has 137 x the antioxidants of regular green tea and is fantastic for boosting your metabolism and detoxifying your body. More information about Matcha powder will be uploaded to our blog soon or you can visit www.matchamaiden.com to find out more!
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did, we can tell you it certainly didn’t last very long!
Makes 2 mini cakes (we use 2 circular spring form tins – 10.5cm in diameter and 5cm deep)
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender (we use a vitamix) and blend until smooth, add an extra dash of water if required
- Press into the base of a greased* baking tray and place in the freezer while you make the filling
- Clean the blender and then add in all filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes)
- Pour on top of the base and place back in the freezer for 3-4 hours (or overnight) to allow to set
- Place in fridge 1 hour prior to serving and top with fresh lime and desiccated coconut